Search Our Sites

Custom Search

Search Results

Monday, January 26, 2009

I Tried To Save My Glasses.


As a child I think I looked some what like Ralphie and I had about the same luck with glasses as him. Tackle football and glasses just never got along all that well. I know many of you parents can relate to mine as I would come home with pair after pair of destroyed, or worse yet, lost glasses. If you are tired of this as my parents were, now you have another option for your active pre-teen or teenager. Paragon Corneal Refractive Therapy, also known as CRT.


Paragon CRT is a specifically designed therapeutic contact lens worn during sleeping hours to gently reshape the cornea without permanently altering its physiology- which is important, as the eyes of children and teens are still maturing. Your child simply wears the lenses at night and takes them out in the morning. The result is clear vision all day long with no more glasses to lose or break. The procedure has been proven safe and has been approved by the FDA for patients of all ages. I have personally have had great results on children as young as eight. It is a paticularly great option for young atheletes.


Another area where CRT can be of great use is in children who seem to be getting more and more near sighted rapidly. CRT is thought to slow or stop this refractive progression. We have used it successfully in our practice in just this way.


CRT is a great option for adults who are not ready for laser vision correction but would still like to have day time freedom from glasses and contact lenses or are unable to have laser vision correction for a variety of reasons. For more information please give us a call, stop by and see us or visit the link above.


Dr. David I Jones O.D.

No comments: